- Contains specially designed studios for voice, piano, instruments and pipe organ, as well as practice halls for orchestra, band, chorus and ensembles
- The Music Library, with its large record, compact disc, videocassette and score collection, is located just inside the main entrance.
- The Communication Division contains several seminar and conference rooms, as well as standard classrooms and a multi-media classroom.
- Radio and television broadcasting facilities provide classrooms, control rooms, radio studios and a well-equipped television studio. The studios of student-operated WBJU-FM and WBJU-TV are also housed in the Fine Arts Center.
- Adjoined to the Sargent Art Building
- The Fine Arts Building was added on to the old Art Gallery before 1950
- Renovated and expanded in 1999 to accommodate for growth and incorporate the speech department into the facility
- Named in honor of Dr. Dwight L. Gustafson (1930– )—Dr. Dwight Gustafson served as dean of the School of Fine Arts for 43 years, making him the longest-serving dean in the history of the school.
- Exterior wall display of mosaic replica of Da Vinci’s The Last Supper