Includes offices, classrooms and studios for drawing, painting, sculpture, ceramics, fiber arts, print-making and graphic arts
Kiln room with multiple kilns and pit for metal work
Built in 1998
Named in honor of Earle Wheaton Sargent (1898-1978) and Eleanor Greene Sargent (1899-1990), local industrialists and philanthropists, who were generous benefactors to the University
In 1954, they established the Sargent Foundation, an organization that contributed greatly to community needs and student scholarships. Mr. and Mrs. Sargent desired to help others and sought to “make Greenville a better community.”
In 1998, the University named its newly constructed Arts Building for the Sargents, a reminder of their selfless spirit of giving.