Within the cultural and academic soil of liberal arts higher education, Bob Jones University exists to grow Christlike character that is scripturally disciplined, others-serving, God-loving, Christ-proclaiming and focused above.
- To inspire regenerated students to know, love and serve Jesus Christ.
- To strengthen each student’s belief in the truths of God’s Word.
- To develop in students Christlike character through disciplined, Spirit-filled living.
- To direct students toward a biblical life view that integrates God’s Truth into practical Christian living.
- To prepare students to excel intellectually and vocationally by offering diverse academic programs rooted in biblical truth and centered on a liberal arts core.
- To develop in students the cultural breadth and social skills that enhance their lives and also equip them to communicate biblical truth effectively.
- To instill in students a compelling concern for reaching the unconverted with the saving truth of the gospel of Christ.
- To implant in students an eagerness for vital involvement in the life and ministry of a biblically faithful local congregation.
- To develop educational materials and services that extend these objectives beyond the university campus.