Within the cultural and academic soil of liberal arts higher education, Bob Jones University exists to grow Christlike character that is scripturally disciplined, others-serving, God-loving, Christ-proclaiming and focused above.
As a Christian liberal arts higher education institution we:
- educate regenerate men and women of varying educational backgrounds and proficiencies from across the nation and around the world.
- educate the whole person through a biblically integrated liberal arts curriculum.
- equip individuals with a biblical worldview and with the ability to defend that worldview.
- offer programs leading to undergraduate and graduate degrees in a range of disciplines in a residential environment supplemented by distance learning and professional development opportunities.
- foster spiritual, intellectual, social and physical development and cultural expansion of the individual.
- are committed to excellence in teaching by a godly, competent and professional faculty who are dedicated to furthering the University’s mission.
As a Christian higher education institution committed to helping Christian students grow in Christlikeness we:
- emphasize excellence and hold students accountable to pursue it for the purpose of developing character.
- teach individuals to apply the Scriptures to practical Christian living.
- seek to develop individuals who are committed to Jesus Christ as Lord, who are engaged in service and leadership in a biblically faithful local church, and who have a compelling concern for reaching the unconverted with the Gospel.
- are steadfastly committed to remaining faithful to the biblical doctrine and principles in our founding charter.
- develop a constituency of regenerated students who have adequate preparation to profit from a Christian college education.