To provide each candidate with:
- The biblical foundation to develop a comprehensive Christian worldview;
- The knowledge of content and methodology to be an effective health, fitness, and recreation practitioner;
- A broad-based liberal arts core for a thorough understanding of the world in which he will live and work;
- An understanding of health, fitness, and recreation as a profession;
- A knowledge of the characteristics of the nature of man and the nature of God; and
- An understanding of the importance of continuous spiritual and professional development.