Because the Scripture enjoins all believers to communicate their faith, the Division of Communication has a strong responsibility to the undergraduate non-major as well as to those who wish to be professionals in the field.
To the undergraduate non-majors our mission is to help them:
- acquire a Biblical understanding of good communication principles that will aid them in their witness and their profession.
- communicate a Biblical worldview with integrity, clarity, and forcefulness.
To those who major in one of the departments within the division our mission is to provide them with:
- a Biblical philosophy of the particular discipline.
- a thorough theoretical foundation.
- supervised opportunities for practical applications.
The Division seeks to provide graduate students sufficient background in research, theory, and practice to successfully enter a teaching ministry or to continue their education at the doctoral level. The program is distinctive in that it seeks to blend both theory and practice within a Biblical framework.