The purpose of the Division of Bible is to increase students’ devotion to Christ through comprehension of accurately interpreted and applied Scripture.
- To teach students the specific content and major themes of the Bible.
- To teach students the orthodox interpretation of the Bible using the grammatical, historical method.
- To direct students to a greater knowledge of and devotion to Christ as the central focus of the Bible.
- To instill in students fidelity to the fundamentals of the historic Christian faith.
- To apply the Bible to students’ lives, promoting a distinctively Christian lifestyle and effectiveness in making disciples for Jesus Christ.
- To arm students to identify and combat deviations from biblical truth.
“I like to learn everything I can about everything I can,” said Dan Olinger, a member of the School of Religion faculty. Read more...