- PhD, Old Testament Interpretation, Bob Jones University
- MA, Bible, Bob Jones University
- BA, Bible, Bob Jones University
- Exposition of Jeremiah, Ezekiel & Daniel (SOT 618)
- Exposition of the Historical Books of the Old Testament (SOT 613)
- Hebrew Exegesis II (SOT 804)
- Methods of Hebrew Exegesis (SOT 603)
- Old Testament Introduction (SOT 681)
- Old Testament Theology (STh 640, SOT 640)
Dr. Casillas holds the B.A. in Bible from Bob Jones University and the M.A. in Bible and Ph.D. in Old Testament Interpretation from Bob Jones University Seminary. He is the author of the Law and the Christian: God’s Light within God’s Limits. He has also done extensive writing of Bible institute and adult Sunday school curriculum. Since 2001 Dr. Casillas has taught a variety of courses in Hebrew and Old Testament exposition and theology. In addition, he serves as the Coordinator of the Ph.D. program.
Dr. Casillas ministers as senior pastor of Cleveland Park Bible Church in Spartanburg, SC. He is committed to an expository approach to preaching and views all his courses as contributing to his students’ development as expositors. He has special interest in the areas of hermeneutics and the relationship between the Testaments. He also enjoys reading the practical writings of the English Puritans.
Having grown up as a “missionary kid” in Puerto Rico, Dr. Casillas is grateful for the privilege of preparing new generations of Christians to fulfill the Great Commission. For several years he led BJU’s Spanish Mission Team. He is fluent in Spanish and continues to travel to Latin America to assist in the training of national leaders. Dr. Casillas and his wife Soraya have five children.