- PhD, Theology, Bob Jones University
- MA, Theology, Bob Jones University
- BA, Bible, Bob Jones University
- Acts & the Pauline Letters (NT 475)
- Bible Doctrines (Bi 401, Bi 402)
- Bible Geography (Bi 210)
- Biblical Themes (NT 401)
- Cross-Cultural Internship (SCM 673)
- Six-Week Missions Experience (CCS 373)
- Studies in the General Epistles (Bi 380)
- Studies in the Pauline Letters (Bi 370)
- Systematic Theology (STh 601)
- Teaching Bible Principles (Bi 490)
- The General Epistles (NT 480)
Dr. Olinger has taught at BJU since 2000, following 19 years as a writer, editor, and supervisor at BJU Press. He teaches courses in theology, New Testament, and Old Testament, with special interests in ecclesiology and the Pauline Epistles. He chairs the Division of Bible and also leads the BJU summer ministry team to Africa.
He has taught Bible courses in China, Ghana, Kenya, Mexico, Puerto Rico, Saipan, St. Vincent, South Africa, and Zambia. He has served on the boards of The Shanghai Institute of Health Sciences and Mission to Haiti. He has written extensively for publications of BJU Press, and he speaks regularly at churches, camps, and educational conferences. He is an elder and adult Sunday school teacher at Heritage Bible Church in Greer, SC. He believes that Bible teaching should be understandable and lively but also thorough and well researched. He hopes his students will be well acquainted with the Word but also lovers of it.
He holds a PhD in theology from BJU. He and his wife, Pam, have two grown daughters. He regularly acts in dramatic productions at BJU. He has ridden a bicycle from Boston to Greenville and has made the second highest bungee jump in the world, at Victoria Falls, Zambia. He throws a baseball with his right hand and a football with his left. He has held both a brown belt in judo and EMT certification, but that was a long time ago.