- MA, Orchestral Instrument, Bob Jones University
- BS, Music Education, Bob Jones University
- Freshman Violin (Vi 411, Vi 422)
- Junior Violin (Vi 461, Vi 453)
- Private Instruction for the Viola Minor (Vla 311)
- Private Instruction for the Violin Minor (Vi 371, Vi 331, Vi 361, Vi 341)
- Senior Violin (Vi 481, Vi 473, Vi 472, Vi 471, Vi 483)
- Sophomore Viola (Vla 432)
- Sophomore Violin (Vi 442, Vi 432, Vi 431, Vi 443)
- Viola Instruction for the Non-Major (Vla 211, Vla 221)
- Violin Instruction for the Non-Major (Vi 211, Vi 221)
- Violin: Non-Performance Major (Vi 620, Vi 610, Vi 640)
Dianne Pinner has been a member of the Bob Jones University music faculty since 1978. She developed the Bob Jones Elementary School String Program as its Coordinator from 1982 until 2006, where it grew from 20 to 90 students. In 1980 she co-founded the university’s Summer Music Camps. From 1987 to 2006 she was actively involved in the pre-college events of the South Carolina Music Educators Association. Her students regularly held principal chair positions in the All State and Regional orchestras and won the All State Concerto Competitions, soloing with the orchestra. Her current teaching focus involves private lessons for the university string department. In addition to her private teaching, she has taught classes in string literature, string pedagogy, music theory, and music education. She holds a B. S. degree in Music Education and an M.A. in Violin Performance from Bob Jones University.
Mrs. Pinner’s performing experience has included both sacred and concert performances in solo and duo genres around the country with her husband, Jay-Martin Pinner. She co-founded the Carolina Chamber Ensemble, performs with the Bob Jones University Symphony Orchestra and the Bob Jones University Faculty String Quartet, and has substituted in the Greenville and Spartanburg symphonies. She presented the premiere performances of Encounters, a violin concerto, and Songs of the Kings, a string quartet, both written by Dwight Gustafson.
Mrs. Pinner holds professional memberships in Music Teachers National Association, and American String Teachers Association, having served as president and secretary of the South Carolina chapter. She is co-owner and member of the executive board of Pinner Publications and of Pinner Studios, where 230 students study the orchestral string instruments. She is active in Heritage Bible Church where she performs and coordinates the orchestra strings.