- MA, Piano, Bob Jones University
- BS, Music Education, Bob Jones University
- Piano Classes for Voice & Orchestral Instrument Majors or Principals (Pi 197, Pi 196)
- Piano Intern Instruction I (PPd 301)
- Piano Intern Instruction II (PPd 302)
- Piano Intern Instruction III (PPd 401)
- Piano Intern Instruction IV (PPd 402)
- Private Piano Instruction for the Non-Major (Pi 281, Pi 271, Pi 251, Pi 231)
Joan Parker was born and grew up in Jamaica, the daughter of missionary parents. She received both BS and MA degrees in piano at Bob Jones University under Alice Gingery, and has done postgraduate study at the University of North Texas. She has been a member of the faculty in the Division of Music since 1977, teaching both group and private piano, and supervising the piano minor program and the senior Pedagogy internship program. She adjudicates regularly for local and regional music organizations, and has been engaged in a wide variety of collaborative piano ventures.
Mrs. Parker has had both piano and instrumental music published by C and L Enterprises and Pinner Publications, and she maintains a private piano studio in the Greenville area. She serves as pianist at Greenville Christian Fellowship, where she and her husband, Mark, are active in the music program. One of her great joys has been to take musical mission trips with the entire family back to the Caribbean and to Europe and Canada, performing both classical and sacred concerts in a variety of venues.