- EdD, Instruction and Curriculum Leadership, University of Memphis
- MEd, Teaching History, Bob Jones University
- BS, Social Studies Education, Bob Jones University
- Action Research Project (Ed 695)
- Assessment (5-12) (Ed 463)
- Introduction to Education (Ed 100)
- Middle School Curriculum & Organization (Ed 379)
- Teaching Social Studies (5-8) (Ed 372)
- Teaching Social Studies (9-12) (Ed 342)
Dr. Johnson has been a faculty member at BJU since 2002. Prior to coming to BJ she taught Junior and Senior High School History and English at Thirfthaven Baptist Academy (now Heritage Baptist) in Memphis, TN. She also graduated from Thirfthaven.Before teaching at BJU Dr. Johnson taught educational technology at the University of Memphis.
She formerly served as Division Chair for the School of Education and is currently Program Leader for Middle Level Education. Dr. Johnson has served on numerous doctoral committees.
Teaching responsibilities for Dr. Johnson have included: Educational Technology, Microcomputers for Principals, Materials and Methods of Instruction, Supervision of Instruction, Teaching Social Studies in the Elementary School, Production of Instructional Resources, Qualitative Methods of Research, Freshman Seminar and National Government. Currently she teaches Introduction to Education, Assessment for grades 5-12, Middle School Curriculum and Organization, as well as, Teaching Social Studies in Grades 5 -12. Dr. Johnson is the facilitator for the Action Research course in the Master's in Teaching and Learning program. She also supervises practicum and intern student teachers.
Dr. Johnson's areas of interests include adult education and character education. She enjoys working with "student" teachers as well as those who have been in the professional for many years.
She is a frequent workshop leader at regional conferences.