- Social Security Card
- Official copies of your completed high school and/or college transcripts (if not previously submitted)
- Comfortable clothes and shoes
- Bedding & pillow
- Toiletries, towels, washcloths
- Alarm clock
- Paper, pens and pencils for notes
Students may bring items for the fall semester which will be placed in storage and delivered to their residence hall room at the beginning of Welcome Week. The containers may include boxes, suitcases, footlockers and barrels (available for purchase). There will be a nominal fee to store each container.
- Modest dresses or shirts and skirts (please, no hems or slits above the knee and no sundresses)
- Pants (not jeans) may be worn for recreational activities, such as activities at the Davis Field House.
- We ask that you not wear shorts.
- Collared shirts and casual or dress pants
- Hair trimmed neatly (off the collar and with your ears showing)
- We ask that you not wear jeans (except for recreation).
Planning to work on campus?
New students who submit the New Student Employee Questionnaire will complete the following employment paperwork during Summer Orientation or during the Welcome Week Check-In.
Form W-4 — Employee’s Withholding Allowance Certificate
This form asks the following information:
- Name, home address and marital status
- Social Security number (We cannot pay you without this number.)
- Number of exemptions to claim (Check with your parents for advice on this item.)
Form I-9 — Employment Eligibilty Verification
This form is critical for you to be able to work. Failure to provide the identification needed for this form will delay your start of work on campus. Office of Student Services workers must see and verify actual documents that you present to them to complete this form.
You will need the following from the lists of Acceptable Documents:
- 1 document from List A that establishes both identity and employment eligibility
- 1 document from List B that establishes identity (BJU participates in the government’s E-Verify program)
- And 1 document from List C that establishes employment eligibility