If your primary language is not English, we require you to take the TOEFL exam. Depending on the country, the exam is offered only at selected times and places. It normally takes 4 to 6 weeks for the exam results to be reported to BJU. You should begin planning to take the TOEFL immediately upon expressing interest in BJU.
BJU TOEFL Code: 5065
- You should include this code on your test registration form so the testing center can send us an official TOEFL score report.
Contact TOEFL Services
- TOEFL website
- Mailing address:
Educational Testing Service
P.O. Box 6151
Princeton, NJ 08541-6151 USA
Score Requirements for Admission
|Minimum Entry Requirements||Internet (iBT)||Paper (PBT)|
|Undergraduate||Regular Admission||61 (section scores of 15)||500|
|Bridge to College English||48 (section scores of 10)||460|
|Graduate||Regular Admission||79 (section scores of 19)||550|
|Bridge to College English||62 (section scores of 15)||510|
- You should earn a score of 61 on the Internet-based TOEFL (iBT) with a minimum score of 15 in each section, to demonstrate your ability to study successfully at the university undergraduate level. A TOEFL score of 500 (PBT) will also be acceptable.
- To qualify for the Bridge to College English (BCE) program, you should earn a score of 48 on the iBT with a minimum score of 10 in each section.
Graduate Requirements(Master’s degree or a doctorate)
- You should earn a score of 79 on the iBT with a minimum score of 19 in each section.
- To qualify for BCE, you should earn a score of 62 on the iBT with a minimum score of 15 in each section.