To apply for financial aid as a graduate student, please complete a FAFSA.
School and Program Aid
- Any currently employed (full-time) teacher or administrator may pay for 50% of the cost of room, board, and tuition at the time of registration. The balance will be set up on a no-interest loan payable in six equal installments beginning September 1 through February 1.
- A group discount is available to educators from the same Christian
school when all are staying in the residence halls. Course work must be
taken during the same summer, but not necessarily during the same session.
3-5 teachers/administrators 25% discount 6-8 teachers/administrators 35% discount 9 or more teachers/administrators 50% discount
Any student pursuing a seminary degree that began in the fall of 2013 or later will receive a 50% discount on the regular semester tuition. The qualifying seminary degrees for this discount include the following:
- Master of Divinity
- Doctor of Philosophy in Old Testament Interpretation or New Testament Interpretation
Master of Ministry is not included in the discount program. This discount does not apply to graduate assistants.
- Anyone in full-time Christian ministry may pay for 50% of the cost of room, board, and tuition at the time of registration. The balance will be set up on a no-interest loan payable in six equal installments beginning September 1 through February 1 for summer sessions, or beginning March 1 through August 1 for winter sessions.
- Any first-time Ministry Program student who pays for the first session attended will be able to attend another session tuition free if the second course is taken within one year of conclusion of the first course. Room and board and other fees will still apply.
Graduate Assistantship Program
Each year BJU awards graduate assistantships to outstanding students who wish to pursue a graduate degree or a second undergraduate degree. An assistantship runs for 1 year and yields a competitive wage that allows the assistant to pay a special rate for room, board and tuition. The tuition covers an academic load of 6-10* semester hours during the work agreement.
*International student requirements will differ.
Teaching & Residence Hall
Teaching and residence hall graduate assistants work/teach half-time for 2 semesters on a 9-month basis. Work/teaching duties are assigned by the Director of Educational Services. The agreement begins during the month of August.
Staff graduate assistants work 28 hours a week during 2 semesters and 40 hours a week during the summer on a 12-month basis with a maximum of 10 non-paid working days off during the 1 year. Specific duties are assigned by the department manager.