IRS tax transcripts are required by the Department of Education beginning with the 2012-13 school year. Tax filers may request a transcript free of charge from the IRS one of 3 ways.
- Go to Online Services section
- Click Order a Tax Return or Account Transcript
- Click Order a Transcript
- Enter all tax filer information from 2011 federal tax return
- Click continue
- In Type of Transcript field, select Return Transcript
- Select Tax Year 2011
Note: Transcript should be received within 5-10 days of successfully transmitted on-line request. Online requests can be sent only to the tax filer.
- Follow prompts to enter all necessary tax filer information
- Select Option 2 to request IRS tax transcript and enter 2011 when prompted
Note: Transcript should be received within 5-10 days of telephone request. Telephone requests can be sent only to the tax filer.
Paper Request Form
IRS Form 4506T-EZ
- Download form at www.irs.gov
- Complete lines 1-4
- Line 5 provides an option to send the IRS Tax Transcript to a third party. (Please contact the BJU Financial Aid Office if you select this option. Parent names on the tax return may not match student name, so we must know in advance that the transcript is being sent directly to our office.)
- Line 6 — Enter 2011
- Sign and date
- Mail or fax complete form to the appropriate address (or FAX number) provided on page 2 of the form.
Note: Transcript should be received within 5-10 days of receipt and processing of mail or FAX request.