Skip to main content

Veteran Documentation

Apply for aid

Please complete and submit Form 22-1990 which can be done online at the VONAPP website. If you are transferring your eligibility to a son or daughter under Chapter 33, Form 22-1990E will be submitted. It is advisable that you print a copy of Form 22-1990 to keep for your personal records.

After Form 22-1990 (or 22-1990E) has been submitted, you will receive 2 copies of a Certificate of Eligibility (COE). Please bring one copy of the COE to the OVA and retain the other copy for your records. Upon receipt of the COE, the School’s Certifying Official will submit the certification paperwork to the Veterans Administration.

Once the certification has been submitted, you will receive an award letter from the VA. You need to submit a copy of the award letter to the SCO. At this point, you should begin receiving your monthly checks.

Required documents

Below is a list of the documents required before the Office of Veterans Affairs (OVA) can certify you. This paperwork must be delivered to the SCO.

  • Intent to Use VA/Military Benefits
  • Certificate of Eligibility