- Homeschool — Mar. 21
Interested in finding out more about being a science major? Or maybe you’re leaning toward education, business or music instead? Come enjoy an Academic Preview Day on campus! Each one—from the School of Religion’s to the School of Fine Arts & Communication’s—is organized by the dean of that school.
You’ll get to have lunch and a special Q&A session with faculty members and current students, visit a class, watch a special demonstration or lab, and more.
You’ll enjoy a 12-minute media presentation that introduces you to BJU as well as a campus tour led by student ambassadors. You’ll also be able to visit classes you’re interested in; you can even schedule a personal appointment with a faculty member.
Homeschool students, you’ll enjoy a session on transitioning from homeschool to college life.
What you will do
- Get information geared toward your specific area of interest
- Watch a 12-minute media presentation to introduce you to BJU
- Take a student-led campus tour
- Visit classes
- Meet faculty and students in your specific area of interest
- Attend special academic sessions, demonstrations and labs
- Visit one of BJU’s societies
- Eat lunch in BJU’s newly remodeled dining common
- Meet one-on-one with faculty (available upon request)
- Gain valuable admission information
Science, Technology, Engineering, Math, Nursing Day
The day will include tours of the serpentarium, cancer research lab and cadaver lab. You can also watch lab experimentation in progress and hear about scientific and engineering research done by BJU faculty and students.
Want to stay overnight in the residence halls? You can! Residence hall accommodations are available for $20 per night.
Your parents are invited to attend with you, and can also eat for free. Siblings or other family members are welcome to attend, but will need to purchase meal tickets.
The schedule will vary based on the preview day you attend.
Check In at the Welcome Center
Light continental breakfast available
Introduction to BJU & Campus Tour
Introduction to the academic programs
Presentation by dean and/or faculty
Eat in the dining common with current students and faculty
Preview of academic programs
- Special demonstrations or labs
- Class visit
- Q&A with students and faculty
Admission Information Session
- Financial aid information
- Application process