- PhD, Theology, Bob Jones University
- MA, Bible, Bob Jones University
- BA, Bible, Bob Jones University
- Bible Teaching Methods for Women (SHM 635)
- Biblical Geography & Archaeology (SPM 685, SOT 685, SNT 685)
- Expository Preaching from Prophecy (SPM 838)
- Expository Sermon Preparation (SHM 634)
- Holy Land Studies (SNT 697, SCH 697, SOT 697, SPM 697)
- Issues in Church Ministry (SCM 701)
- Near East Studies (Bi 495)
I was raised in a Christian home in New England and received Christ as Savior at an early age. The Lord called me to preach while I was in high school, so I enrolled at Bob Jones University as a Bible major. During seminary I had the privilege of teaching Greek as a graduate assistant and eventually completed a PhD in Theology. My primary burden is the expository preaching of God's Word for the salvation of the lost and edification of God's people.
In 1983 my wife and I moved to Dover, New Hampshire to plant Heritage Baptist Church. We saw many come to Christ and grow in the Lord. Over the course of fifteen years we were able to purchase property, construct a beautiful building, and watch the Lord assemble a church family of over 200 people. Jan and I thought we would continue in that ministry for the rest of our lives, but the Lord gave me an additional burden to help train future pastors and missionaries, directing us to return to BJU in 1998. Since that time I have been teaching in the seminary, where each of my courses contribute directly to pastoral ministry, such as Expository Sermon Preparation and Issues in Church Ministry. I continued to have a burden to preach and pastor, however, so we started Cornerstone Baptist Church in Greenville in 2002, where I serve as senior pastor.
Jan and I were married in 1978 and have three children and one grandchild. Besides teaching at the seminary and ministry at Cornerstone, I enjoy numerous travel opportunities, including visiting our church's missionaries as well as leading annual Holy Land (Israel and Jordan) and Journeys of Paul (Turkey, Greece and Rome) tours.