- PhD, Computer Science, Clemson University
- MS, Computer Science, Clemson University
- BS, Computer Science, Bob Jones University
- Computer Systems (CpS 230)
- Digital Literacy (Tec 101)
- Digital Literacy Honors Lecture (Tec 291)
- Digital Literacy Lecture (Tec 191)
- Introduction to Object-Oriented Programming (CpS 110)
- Language Translation Systems (CpS 450)
- Parallel & Distributed Algorithms (CpS 408)
- Software Engineering (CpS 420)
Ethan Travis McGee is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Computer Science at Bob Jones University. He has worked for M33 Integrated Solutions / AFS, LLC. as a language and calculation engine developer, and he has also worked as a contractor for several smaller companies in the Greenville area. Ethan was brought to BJU after completing his MS at Clemson University. He felt called to pursue a career in academia, and he followed through by joining the University as an adjunct professor in December of 2013. While working for the university, he received his PhD from Clemson University in the August of 2018.
Ethan brings a mixture of strong theoretical focus coupled with applicable experience to his classes. His students can expect to learn about the mathematical background that brought the modern computer into existence while also learning lessons that will apply to their everyday work. Ethan is interested in computer languages and regularly takes the time to learn newly developed languages. He is also interested in Software Architecture, Compilers, Application Development, Foundation Theory, Game Theory and Biometrics.
When not teaching, Ethan enjoys an active outdoors lifestyle. He can often be found hiking in the nearby mountains or running in one of Greenville's many parks. A native of South Carolina, he holds a Bachelor of Science in Computer Science from Bob Jones University, a Master of Science in Computer Science with a focus in Theoretical Foundations from Clemson University and a Doctor of Philosophy in Computer Science with a focus in Software Engineering from Clemson University.