- MA, Piano, Bob Jones University
- BA, Sacred Music, Bob Jones University
- Basic Keyboard Playing in Church Ministry I (CM 101)
- Basic Keyboard Playing in Church Ministry II (CM 102)
- Intermediate Keyboard Playing in Church Ministry I (CM 103)
- Intermediate Keyboard Playing in Church Ministry II (CM 104)
- Introduction to Music Theory (MT 099)
- Keyboard Playing in Church Ministry (CM 291)
- Practical Musicianship I (MT 107)
- Practical Musicianship II (MT 108)
- Song Writing for the Church Musician (CM 203)
Faye Lopez has been involved in music for as long as she can remember. Her mother (a seasoned church musician and piano teacher) taught each of her three children the importance of serving with excellence in the music program of their local church. When Faye chose an undergraduate major at Bob Jones University, it was a natural choice to study Church Music, completing a proficiency in piano with master teacher Mr. Laurence Morton. At the close of that degree, she desired more expertise in piano skills, so she stayed at Bob Jones to earn a Master of Arts Degree in Piano Performance. God gave her the wonderful opportunity during graduate school to also study composition with a beloved mentor, Dr. Dwight Gustafson.
Faye's life and musical experiences have given varied perspectives to her current college teaching. She is a mother and grandmother, a former homeschool mom of 8 years, has worked in Christian camp ministry and on church music staffs, has traveled with an evangelistic team, taught private piano at all levels, has received training and been active as a biblical counselor, and has been involved in various aspects of Christian music publishing and recording for four decades. For the last seventeen years, she has been a faculty member at Bob Jones University. She enjoys mentoring students musically and spiritually.
Her professional life outside the university overlaps with her responsibilities at BJU. She continues to add to her 600+ published church compositions/arrangements. Current projects include piano collections for Alfred and Lillenas. This year has seen new choral publications with Lorenz, Hal Leonard/Shawnee Press, Epiphany House/Fred Bock, and The Wilds. Another great joy is to serve with her husband, Steve, in the music program at Community Baptist Church in Greer, SC.