- MMus, Music Performance, Florida State University
- BMus, Viola Performance, Cleveland Institute of Music
- Private Instruction for the Viola Major/Principal (Vla 493, Vla 492, Vla 491)
- Private Instruction for the Viola Minor (Vla 391)
- Private Instruction for the Violin Major/Principal (Vi 492, Vi 491, Vi 493)
- Private Instruction for the Violin Minor (Vi 391)
- Private Viola Instruction for the Non-Major (Vla 291)
- Private Violin Instruction for the Non-Major (Vi 291)
- String Ensemble (Ens 122)
- Violin/Viola Class (Vi 103, Vi 101, Vi 102)
Pedagogue and performer, violist Rachel Hall loves to share her passion for music
with others. Under the tutelage of several world-class violists, Mrs. Hall has grown to
have a deep understanding of the viola and desires to share that knowledge with her
Hall began her viola studies at age eight, and her teachers include David Holland,
Stanley Konopka, and Pamela Ryan. After attending the Interlochen Arts Academy, Hall
earned her Bachelor’s degree in viola performance at the Cleveland Institute of Music
and completed her Master’s at Florida State University.
While at Florida State, Mrs. Hall was a graduate viola teaching assistant, which
gave her the opportunity to privately teach undergraduate violists, assist in teaching a
course on viola orchestral excerpts, and perform as the principal violist of the
University Symphony Orchestra. In addition to her current adjunct position at Bob Jones University, Hall also previously served as an adjunct faculty violin/viola instructor at Cuyahoga Community College in Cleveland, Ohio.
Mrs. Hall attended the Texas Music Festival, the Kent/Blossom Music Festival,
the Viola Institute at the Orford Arts Centre, Masterworks Festival, and Interlochen Arts
Camp, where she was awarded the Emerson Scholarship in 2010. While at CIM, Hall earned her Suzuki Certification in Violin and Viola, Books 1-4 under the mentorship of Kimberly Meier-Sims. Hall has received additional instruction from Robert Vernon and Lisa Boyko from The Cleveland Orchestra.
Hall enjoys an active role as an orchestral musician. Previous orchestras in which
she has played include the Columbus Symphony, Tallahassee Symphony, and the
Valdosta Symphony, where she was Assistant Principal. Presently, Mrs. Hall is the Principal Violist of the Hendersonville Symphony Orchestra in Hendersonville, NC, and she also plays with the Greenville Symphony Orchestra.