- EdS, Music, Bob Jones University
- MMus, Music Performance, University of Tennessee at Chattanooga - Cadek Conservatory
- BS, Music Education, Tennessee Technological University
- Percussion Ensemble (Ens 126)
- Private Instruction for the Percussion Major/Principal (Per 491)
- Private Instruction for the Percussion Minor (Per 391)
- Private Percussion Instruction for the Non-Major (Per 291)
Mr. Schoolfield holds the Bachelor of Science Degree in Music Education from Tennessee Technological University, the Master of Music Degree in Percussion Performance from The University of Tennessee at Chattanooga, and The Educational Specialist Degree from Bob Jones University. Rob studied with Charles Hiebert, the late Joseph Rasmussen, Dr. Monty Coulter III, and James Hall.
Since 1986, Rob has served as Director of Percussion Studies overseeing all aspects of percussion at BJU including private lessons, logistics, and performance. Mr. Schoolfield is the conductor of the Bob Jones University Percussion Ensemble and associate conductor of the University Symphonic Wind Band.
His numerous recording credits include projects for Sacred Music Service, Sound Forth, The Greenville Textile Heritage Society, and Majesty Music. Most recently Rob provided percussion for the sound track of Milltown Pride, and solo xylophone pieces for a CD titled Textile Tunes.
Rob is active as a writer, clinician, and adjudicator. His articles on various aspects of percussion performance have been published in Percussive Notes the Journal of the Percussive Arts Society. He has also presented clinics at the Percussive Arts Society International Convention, The National Council for Percussion Pedagogy, the Bob Jones University Fine Arts Competition, and local high schools and colleges. He serves as chief adjudicator for the National Association of Christian Schools (AACS) Solo Percussion Competition, and has adjudicates the AACS National Band Competition.