- MA, Health and Exercise Science, Furman University
- BS, Health and Physical Education, Bob Jones University
- Advanced Concepts in Personal Training I (ESS 260)
- Advanced Concepts in Personal Training II (ESS 261)
- Coaching Volleyball (ESS 319)
- Exercise Science Internship (ESS 450)
- Exercise Science Practicum (ESS 334)
- Exercise Testing & Prescription (ESS 300)
- Group Exercise Practicum (ESS 333)
- Health Education & Physical Activity (ESS 405)
- Therapeutic Recreation (ESS 403)
- Wellness Concepts (ESS 106)
Vickie Britton completed an undergraduate degree in Physical Education from Bob Jones University in 1981. She went on to teach high school physical education, coach and serve as girls’ athletic director at Bob Jones Academy for 23 years. Vickie received her graduate degree in Health and Exercise Science in 2003 from Furman University in Greenville, SC. Vickie currently works as an assistant professor at Bob Jones University where she has taught in the department of Physical Education and Exercise Science for the last 10 years. The courses she has taught include: First Aid & Safety, Wellness Concepts, Teaching Health and PE, Coaching Volleyball, Teaching Racquet Sports, Therapeutic Recreation, Teaching Conditioning, Physiology of Exercise, Group Exercise Internship and Personal Training Internship. Vickie works closely with the Health, Fitness and Recreation majors and advises over 30 students.
Vickie is extremely passionate about health and fitness and this passion is evident both inside and outside of the classroom. She has written several articles on health, fitness and nutrition for the BJU Accord (a local campus publication). She is a women’s seminar speaker on health and fitness and lectures on physical education and fitness at education conferences. Vickie is certified as a personal trainer and a sport nutrition specialist with the National Council on Strength and Fitness as well as a health and fitness specialist with the American College of Sports Medicine. She has worked as a personal trainer for 20 years and has helped numerous clients achieve personal health and fitness goals.
Vickie has competed in basketball, volleyball, track and field and archery. She is a member of the Greenville Track club and has completed hundreds of road and trail races which include 13 marathons and one 38 mile endurance challenge. Vickie currently resides in Taylors, SC with her husband Steve and they have one son, Zechariah.