- DMA, Music, Texas Tech University
- MMus, Church Music, Bob Jones University
- MA, Bible, Bob Jones University
- BMus, Church Music, Bob Jones University
- Chamber Singers (Ens 106)
- Choral Conducting (MT 302)
- Choral Conducting Lab (MT 392)
- Chorale (Ens 105)
- Choral Ensembles (Ens 190)
- Elements of Conducting (MT 301)
- Voice Methods for Choral Directors (ME 301)
As the recently appointed Director of Choral Activities at Bob Jones University, Dr. Andrew Huish conducts the university’s two premier choral ensembles, oversees a graded choral program of over 200 singers, and teaches courses in choral conducting and choral pedagogy. He holds the Doctor of Musical Arts degree in Choral Conducting from Texas Tech University, where he studied with Dr. Alan Zabriskie, and he has done additional graduate study at Westminster Choir College.
Andrew was the 2017 recipient of the John Ness Beck Choral Composition Award for his composition "The First Noel." His music can be found in the catalogs of Beckenhorst Press and Hinshaw Music. Andrew has studied privately with Susan Brumfield and Joan Pinkston, as well as in masterclasses with Dan Forrest, Craig Courtney, and Howard Helvey.
Andrew has extensive experience as a vocalist, church music director, and choral accompanist. He has also served as a clinician and adjudicator for middle school and high school choral festivals. An accomplished collaborative pianist, Andrew previously served as the choral accompanist for the Lubbock Chorale and the chorale and chamber singers at Queens University of Charlotte, NC.
Andrew is a member of the American Choral Directors’ Association (ACDA) and the American Society of Composers, Authors and Publishers (ASCAP).