- BA, Bible, Bob Jones University
- Culinary Arts Practicum (CA 211)
- Culinary Arts Practicum Lab (CA 291)
- Desserts & Pastries (CA 125)
- Desserts & Pastries Lab (CA 195)
- Food Purchasing & Menu Planning (CA 216)
- Food Service Management (CA 205)
- Food Service Sanitation & Nutrition (CA 116)
- Introductory Bakeshop (CA 104)
- Introductory Bakeshop Lab (CA 194)
- Professional Catering (CA 118)
During my years at college I worked as both a baker at school and as a cook at a summer camp.. Those opportunities developed in me a passion for producing and serving a basic need for all people -- food. Upon graduating I spent an additional ten months cooking at the same camp before entering the wonderful world of bread making, cake decorating, doughnut frying and pastry production that I experienced working in small retail bakeries over the next few years in Hendersonville, NC and the upstate of SC. .
From 1997 to 2007 I worked two different stints with Publix Supermarket Bakeries and five years at Rocky Creek Bakehouse in Greenville, SC. At the same time I "moonlighted" -cooking on the line at Romano’s Macaroni Grill and baking for Garner’s Natural Food Market. I credit this time with learning the significance of developing people, controlling costs, maintaining a safe environment, driving sales and providing good customer service.
In the summer of 2007 I returned to my alma mater, Bob Jones University where I baked and cooked for four more years before becoming an instructor in the Culinary Arts Department. In 2008 my wife and I opened a small bakery complete with a wood-fired oven for supplying bread to area restaurants, retail stores, coffee shops and farmer's markets.