- DMA, Music, Louisiana State University
- MMus, Flute, North Carolina School of the Arts
- BS, Music Education, Bob Jones University
- Clarinet Class (ME 213)
- Clarinet Instruction for the Non-Major (Cl 221, Cl 241, Cl 251, Cl 211)
- Flute Class (ME 214)
- Flute Instruction for the Non-Major (Fl 211, Fl 221, Fl 231, Fl 241)
- Freshman Flute (Fl 411)
- Orchestral Repertoire (Mu 301)
- Private Instruction for the Flute Minor (Fl 341)
- Saxophone Instruction for the Non-Major (Sax 221, Sax 211)
- Senior Clarinet (Cl 472)
- Senior Flute (Fl 483, Fl 473, Fl 472)
- Sophomore Flute (Fl 443, Fl 432)
- Woodwind Ensemble (Ens 121)
Esther Waite, woodwind program director at Bob Jones University, teaches flute lessons and related woodwind courses and directs the University Flute Choir. She completed a Bachelor of Science degree in Music Education (Bob Jones University, 2004) and a Master of Music degree in Flute Performance (University of North Carolina School of the Arts, 2006) prior to joining the faculty of the Division of Music. In May 2013, she received the Doctor of Musical Arts degree in Flute Performance from Louisiana State University, where she served for three years as a doctoral teaching assistant in the flute studio. Her primary teachers have been Katherine Kemler, Tadeu Coelho, and Amanda Barrett. Esther’s interest in Russian composers led to her doctoral dissertation topic of the 1960 flute sonata by the Soviet composer Edison Denisov.
Dr. Waite is principal flutist of the Hendersonville (NC) Symphony Orchestra. Recent solo performances have taken her to Panama, Romania, and NYC's Carnegie Hall. Dr. Waite has coached chamber music and given workshops on extended techniques at several summer music programs, including Musica Piccola (Winston-Salem, NC), LSU Honors Chamber Winds Camp (Baton Rouge, LA), and Inspiration and Praise Flute Masterclass (Greenville, SC). She holds membership in the National Flute Association and previously served as president of the South Carolina Flute Society.
Esther assists in the music ministry at her local church, and in her free time enjoys hiking, cooking, and keeping up with her favorite college football team. Originally from Buffalo, NY, she confesses that she misses the snow of wintertime.