- EdD, Educational Administration, Bob Jones University
- MS, Educational Administration and Supervision, Bob Jones University
- MA, Interpretative Speech, Bob Jones University
- BA, Interpretative Speech, Bob Jones University
- Advanced Leadership & Communication (Com 614)
- Contemporary Narrative Performance (ThA 608)
- Interpersonal Communication (Com 302)
- Oral Communication for the Professions (Com 410)
Hello! I'm Lonnie Polson, chair of the Division of Communication at BJU. I grew up in New Castle, Indiana and came to BJU as a student in 1972. My wife Margaret and I have two married daughters and four grandchildren. I enjoy reading, golf, and running. I'm an ordained minister who served for ten years as pastor of Community Bible Church of Holly Springs in Inman, South Carolina. I love teaching college students!
From 1978 to 2012 and from 2016 to the present, I served as a faculty member in the Division of Speech Communication. Classes I've taught include Fundamentals of Speech, Classroom Communication, Small Group Communication, Interpersonal Communication, Intercultural Communication, Acting I, Acting II, Performing Literature, Public Speaking, Oral Communication for the Professions, Advanced Stage Directing, and Media and Society. I've also served in the following administrative positions in the Communication Division: chair of the Freshman Speech Department (1984-88), chair of the Theatre Department (1988-94) and chair of the Speech Education Department (1987-2006). In 2010 I oversaw the realignment of the academic program to form a new Division of Communication. The division houses the departments of Journalism and Mass Communication, Cinema, Communication Studies, Communication Disorders, and Theatre. As a member of BJU's Classic Players, I've acted in or directed over 40 productions. Some of my roles were Othello, King Lear, Henry IV, and Falstaff.
Please contact me if you have any questions about our communication programs. We'd love to meet you!