- EdD, Curriculum and Instruction, Bob Jones University
- MS, Counseling, Bob Jones University
- BS, Mass Media, Bob Jones University
- Communication Training & Development (Com 505)
- Counseling Women (BC 461)
- Intercultural Communication (Com 520)
- Oral Communication for the Professions (Com 410)
- Special Topics in Communication: Special Topics: Study Abroad-Israel (Com 524)
Dr. Mendoza is an assistant professor in the Department of Communication Studies. She has over a decade of teaching experience in the communication field. She has taught courses in both the Department of Journalism and Mass Communication and the Department of Radio and Television. Dr. Mendoza holds an education doctorate with a concentration in communications. She also holds a bachelor’s in Mass Communication and a master's in Counseling from Bob Jones University. Her research interests vary from intercultural communication to higher education. Her dissertation topic investigated higher education communication on social media.
Dr. Mendoza’s experience includes campus media management, television performance, and intercultural ministry. She managed WBJU-TV, the award-winning campus television station, for almost a decade and mentored students who won national awards. Earlier in her career, she worked with an educational television network for K4-12 grade, gaining experience in creating educational content, hosting educational series, and coaching on-camera presenters.
Dr. Mendoza’s passion for teaching extends from her early years as a missionary kid in Jerusalem, Israel. She started teaching Sunday school as a teen to help her parent’s small mission church. She continues to serve with her husband, Manuel, who is the pastor of a Hispanic church-plant in Greer, SC.