- DMin, Doctor of Ministry, Bob Jones University
- MDiv, Master of Divinity, Bob Jones University
- BS, English Education, Bob Jones University
- Advanced Expository Preaching (Hm 303)
- Applied Hermeneutics for Preaching & Teaching (Bi 380)
- Bible Doctrines (Th 360)
- Creation to New Creation: Exploring the Bible for Life (Bi 205)
- Ecclesiology (Th 410)
- Expository Preaching (Hm 302)
- Hermeneutics: Interpreting the Bible for Life (Bi 209)
- I Corinthians (Bi 470)
Kerry McGonigal (D. Min.) has been teaching expository preaching classes at Bob Jones University for 20 years. He is passionate about helping his students become faithful interpreters and effective communicators of God’s Word.
Kerry’s doctoral research examined Peter’s rhetorical strategies in 1 Peter. It was entitled A Philosophy and Methodology of Preaching an Expository Book Series Governed by Apostolic Purpose and Based on Rhetorical Analysis.
Though he specializes in hermeneutics and homiletics, Kerry also teaches Bible Doctrines, 1 Corinthians, Ecclesiology, New Testament Literature & Interpretation, and Creation to New Creation.
He is the coordinator of the annual High School Preaching & Teaching Conference on campus, designed to help young men develop confidence and skill in moving from text to sermon.
Kerry’s passion for teaching preaching comes from years of experience. In addition to itinerant ministry here in the U.S. and abroad, he has served as a pastor in two local churches in the Greenville, SC area for over a decade.