We take careful steps to make sure that BJU is a safe and inviting place for our students, faculty, staff and visitors.
Some of the steps include:
- Routine 24/7 public safety patrols on campus
- Thoroughly developed emergency guidelines and procedures
- Electronic emergency notification system that notifies the university community through text, call or email in the event of an emergency
- Electronic entry system on all residence halls and most other campus buildings
- Excellent relationships with local authorities and first responders
Discrimination and Harassment Policies and Reporting
BJU encourages the reporting of all incidents of discrimination, harassment, sexual misconduct, stalking, and/or retaliation, regardless of who the offender may be and regardless of whether the incidents originate on campus.
Another important aspect of safety is equipping people with the information they need to respond correctly to emergencies and other situations. We’ve taken a number of precautions, including:
Providing up-to-date information
Our public safety department provides information to our students on topics such as how to protect your personal belongings and specific safety tips for both on and off campus. We also occasionally bring in local law enforcement for personal safety seminars. Security and Fire Safety Report
Sexual Abuse Awareness Training
We partner with MinistrySafe—an organization dedicated to sexual abuse awareness and prevention—to provide live Sexual Abuse Awareness Training for our students and faculty and staff.