- DBA, Computer & Information Security, Northcentral University
- MS, Applied Computer Science, Columbus State University
- BIET, Industrial Engineering Technology, Southern Polytechnic State University
- Computer Network Fundamentals (CpS 335)
- Computer Science Internship I (CpS 475)
- Computer Security (CpS 491)
- Information Technology I (CpS 201)
- Information Technology II (CpS 202)
- Information Technology I Lab (CpS 291)
- Information Technology Internship I (CpS 465)
- Introduction to Computer Programming (CpS 109)
- Introduction to Computer Programming Lab (CpS 199)
- Project Management (CpS 340)
- Software Development (CpS 420)
Dr. Hughes has more than 32 years of information technology experience, and has served with several large companies, including Blue Cross and Blue Shield of GA, AFLAC, W.C. Bradley Co., and Total Systems Services. His career included positions such as systems programmer, network engineer, application developer, technical trainer, project manager, IT manager, and technical resource director. He has over 7 years of higher education experience teaching information technology at the university level.
A member of the Bob Jones University faculty since 2009, Dr. Hughes’s academic interests include computer technology, information security and business continuity. He holds a Doctor of Business Administration degree with a Computer and Information Security Specialization from Northcentral University, and a Master’s in Applied Computer Science from Columbus State University. As a Certified Information Systems Auditor and a Certified Business Continuity Professional, the areas of security, risk, and business continuity are of particular interest to Dr. Hughes. He has presented twice at Disaster Recovery Journal’s East coast conference in Orlando, FL. Dr. Hughes uses his extensive experience in the business world to bring relevant and practical application to each of his classes.
Dr. Hughes is a member of Mount Calvary Baptist Church in Greenville, SC. He serves in the Extended Pulpit ministry, working with the audio-visual team to transfer sermons and other sessions to various media for distribution around the world. He enjoys spending time with his wife, six children and son-in-law, three grandsons, and one granddaughter. Dr. Hughes also enjoys reading about America’s Christian history.