- DMA, Trumpet Performance and Pedagogy, University of Southern Mississippi
- MS, Music Education, University of Illinois at Urbana - Champaign
- BS, Music Education, Bob Jones University
- Brass Ensemble (Ens 120)
- Cornet Class (ME 215)
- Junior Trumpet (Tr 461, Tr 451)
- Music in the Community Internship (Mu 408)
- Private Instruction for the Trumpet/Cornet Minor (Tr 331, Tr 341)
- Trumpet/Cornet Instruction for the Non-Major (Tr 221, Tr 211, Tr 231, Tr 241)
Dr. Bruce Cox holds the B.S. degree (music education) from Bob Jones University, the M.S. degree (music education) from the University of Illinois, and the DMA degree (trumpet performance and pedagogy) from the University of Southern Mississippi. While at Illinois and Southern Mississippi he performed in ensembles under James Keene, Thomas Fraschillo, and Jay Dean; he studied trumpet with Michael Tunnell, Ray Sasaki, and Allan Cox. After graduate school he has continued further private study with Ruth Still and Larry Black. From 1984 through 1990 he directed the pre-college bands of Bob Jones Academy, and since 1997 has served as assistant director of bands at BJU. In addition to conducting the BJU concert band and trumpet choir, Dr. Cox teaches courses in brass pedagogy and literature, and serves as the Department head for Instrumental Studies. As a conductor in both church and school settings, Dr. Cox attended two summer sessions of the Westminster Choir College Conducting Institute; he now serves frequently as clinician for Christian high school band festivals and summer camps. An active performer, he plays in the Foundation Brass-the faculty brass ensemble at BJU, the Anderson (SC) Chamber Orchestra, and the Spartanburg Philharmonic. He has been a member of the International Trumpet Guild since 1980.
For twenty five years he served as music pastor at a local church in the Greenville area. He is married to Jennifer Mercado Cox with whom he has three children.