Skip to main content

Financial Aid Documents

All requested documents can be submitted to the BJU Financial Aid Office (unless otherwise indicated). Documents containing social security numbers should be sent by fax or mail.

  • Fax: (864) 235-2897
  • Mail: Financial Aid Office, Bob Jones University, Greenville, SC 29614
  • Email

Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy (SAP) for Federal Student Financial Aid: Undergraduates | Graduates.

FAFSA Verification

The BJU Financial Aid Office will contact you if your FAFSA is selected for verification. Your financial aid awards cannot be determined until the BJU E-Verification process has been completed. Create an account and view your tasks.

South Carolina Aid

  • SC Tuition Grant — All recipients of SC Tuition Grant must complete an Affidavit of Eligibility each year.
  • SC Life and HOPE Scholarships — All recipients of the SC LIFE and HOPE Scholarships are required to complete a Certification Form which includes an Affidavit of Eligibility.
  • SC Summer State Scholarship — All recipients of the SC LIFE and Palmetto Fellows Scholarships who wish to pursue the summer state scholarship need to complete the Summer LIFE/Palmetto Fellows Scholarship Information & Affidavit by June 1 following the spring term they are enrolled in.

Special Circumstances Request

If your family’s financial circumstances have dramatically changed since you completed your FAFSA or your family has unusually high medical expenses not covered by insurance or pays unusually high private school tuition for other children in the home, you may submit a Special Circumstances Request to the BJU Financial Aid Office.

2023-2024 Request

Dependency Override Request

A student who would normally be considered a dependent student can be considered independent only if one of the following circumstances exists:

  • The student has no contact with his/her parents and does not know where they are (and the student has not been adopted by someone else); or
  • The student has left home due to an abusive situation

The student must provide official documentation for these circumstances and a Dependency Override Request to the BJU Student Financial Aid Office for consideration.

For more information about this process, contact the Financial Aid Office.