Apply to BJU
You can apply as soon as you finish your junior year of high school.
Be prepared to spend about 60 minutes on the application. Your application is saved after each page is submitted. If you have any questions, contact an admission counselor and return to your saved application later.
During the application, you will be asked to identify 3 sources for recommendations.
One recommendation will be required for you. Normally, we start with a church leader unless he is related to you.
To avoid a $50 late fee, please submit your application before the deadline for the semester you’re enrolling in:
|2014-2015 Spring||January 7, 2015|
|2015-2016 Fall||August 21, 2015|
In the application:
- If you are in the U.S. now and have a visa status, choose the correct one from the drop-down box.
- If you are not currently in the U.S., you should leave the visa status question blank.
International Student Reservation Deposit
The reservation deposit for international students is $250 and is applied to your first month’s tuition and fees
The reservation deposit is designed to be a commitment deposit and is refundable if you decide not to attend BJU prior to your official notification of admittance. After you are admitted, the deposit cannot be refunded.
Once BJU receives and reviews your online application, you’ll receive a phone call from your admission counselor and an email directing you to your online application status. This status will provide you with the next steps to complete your admission process.
- Request your transcripts or G.E.D. be sent to BJU. College transcripts, if you have any, should also be requested to be sent to BJU.
- Request your ACT scores be sent to BJU.
- Request your AP, CLEP or IB test results be sent to BJU. [optional]
Documentation should be sent to the Office of Admission:
Office of Admission
Bob Jones University
1700 Wade Hampton Blvd.
Greenville, SC 29614
- If your primary language is not English, we ask you to take the TOEFL exam to evaluate your ability to communicate in English during your time on campus. You must meet a set minimum score to demonstrate your ability to study successfully at BJU.
- The United States requires you to demonstrate that you have sufficient financial resources. We offer a financial affidavit for you to meet this requirement.
If you are a former student, you do not need to request your G.E.D be sent to BJU. You should request transcripts be sent to BJU if those transcripts include work completed elsewhere since your last enrollment at BJU.
Average Processing Time
On average, an application is processed in 2-4 weeks. Processing of an international student application may take 6 weeks.
How long do I have to provide the necessary information?
Status checks are made on each student’s application file until the necessary documentation reaches BJU; you will receive periodic reminders and a maximum of 9 weeks to supply the documentation BJU requests to process your application.
How long does the decision process take?
When your application and documentation have been received, they will be submitted to the Admission Committee for its decision. The decision in many cases takes just 1 week. This decision may take 6 weeks for an international student. You will be notified in writing of the Committee’s decision.
A nonrefundable reservation deposit of $250 should be paid by May 1 to confirm your reservation. Upon enrollment, the $250 will be applied toward the first month’s tuition and fees.
If you’re a former student, we’ll ask you for a $50 reservation deposit.
If you’re an international student, you paid your $250 reservation deposit as part of your $295 application fee.
After Confirming My Reservation
Once you confirm your reservation, we will send information detailing final plans that you will need to make within 2-6 months of the start of the semester. While you’re working on these final plans, check out our tips for admitted students.
Your Reenrollment Counselor will contact you throughout the upcoming months to answer any questions or concerns you may have. Feel free to contact him if he can help you.
BJU will issue a Form I-20; this form is usually issued between April and June if you are coming for the Fall semester, and in October or November if you are coming for the Spring semester.
- The I-20 will be issued and sent only after all paperwork has been received by the Admission Office and you have been fully admitted.
- When you receive the I-20, you will first have to pay a $200 SEVIS I-901 fee; instructions will be included with your I-20. Then, schedule an appointment at a U.S. Consular Office to obtain a F-1 student visa. It may be several weeks before you can be scheduled for a visa appointment. After the appointment, it may take some additional time to receive the actual visa.
Note: Do not schedule a visa appointment until after you receive the I-20 and have paid the $200 SEVIS I-901 fee.
Make your plans to attend Summer Orientation, a 2-day event designed to introduce you and your parents to life at BJU and help your transition into college life.
Complete our immunization form:
- Have your doctor fill out his/her part of the form
Former students, if you have been away from BJU 4 semesters or more, you need complete the form again.